HOW TO INFORM THE PRESENTER OF YOUR NOMS 2023 PAPER IN JEMS
Please read the dedicated page.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINAL CAMERA-READY MANUSCRIPTS
If you have received a paper acceptance e-mail from the TPC co-chairs, please use these author instructions to prepare your final camera-ready manuscript.
Formatting checks are enforced in the submission phase for final manuscripts. Please allow extra time to fix formatting errors and use PDF-eXpress to generate a compliant file. Due to the IEEE technical co-sponsorship of NOMS, your final paper is planned to be included in IEEEXplore for archival value. However, IEEE reserves the right to exclude an accepted paper from IEEEXplore if it is not presented at the conference. Please follow the following steps to finalize the camera-ready version of your paper:
- Prepare in the IEEE double-column format using IEEE Conference Proceeding templates (see General Formatting Instructions at the bottom of this page).
- For IEEEtran class in LaTeX, use the following as the first line in your LaTeX source file:
Note that the author’s affiliation with IEEE conferences is listed under the author’s name, unlike IEEE transactions.
- IMPORTANT: Do not add any page numbering, header, or footer
- Page limits:
- Papers accepted as full papers: 8 pages excluding references
- Papers accepted in the mini-conference: 6 pages excluding references
- Papers accepted as short papers: 4 pages excluding references
Go to the IEEE PDF eXpress Website
- Create an IEEE PDF eXpress account (use conference ID: 56928X)
- Use ‘new user’ if you haven’t used this site before.
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to check if your PDF file is Xplore-compliant, OR, else, you can use this site to convert your source files into an IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file (e.g., for LaTeX users, create a zip file that includes dvi and your eps figure files altogether, and then upload the zip file for the system to convert into a compliant PDF file; for MSWord users, upload the Word file and let it convert and return a compliant PDF file).
- Do NOT use ‘Approve for collection’ in PDF eXpress plus. Camera-ready papers should be uploaded on JEMS3 (see next step).
- Log into JEMS3 and upload:
- The PDF eXpress-passed compliant camera-ready copy of your paper (Do NOT use ‘Approve for collection’ in PDF eXpress, if requested).
- A copy of the compliance message from PDF eXpress, which was delivered as an email. You must create a PDF file for the email message.
- Sign the eCopyright transfer form by clicking on the appropriate button in JEMS3 at your paper’s records in the system.
- Register in the conference - To be published in the IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2023 Conference Proceedings and to be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore® and other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases, at least one author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate, and the paper must be presented at the conference. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in IEEE Xplore and other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases
Welcome to the 2023 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2023). Held in every even-numbered year since 1988 with its sister conference IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM), the 2023 edition is the 35th NOMS edition and the first ever taking place on an odd-numbered year bringing together the best of both outstanding conferences, a great achievement for the network management community.
In addition to being an historical event for the scientific community, NOMS 2023 will host an exciting program including keynotes, panels, technical sessions, demo sessions, dissertation session, mini-conference sessions, poster sessions, tutorials, and workshops. These events provide rich opportunities for participants to learn, share, exchange, and set the current and future directions and developments of network operations and management.
NOMS 2023 comes at the right time where the networks and services play a critical role in new value creation, businesses growth but also in contributing to the democratic development of the humanity.
This year's theme is “Integrated Management Towards Resilient Networks and Services.”
Technologies evolve at a fast pace in networking : 5G networks are being deployed and 6G network technological components are already developed and the overall architecture in an active specification phase. Softwarization is being generalized at all levels of the protocol stacks and agile processes are in place to speed up dynamic service delivery and quality assurance across the globe and beyond. Digital twins of networks emerge to ease and automate the huge demand on monitoring, control and management of the underlying highly dynamic environments. Finally, numerous machine learning approaches are already utilized for optimized control, security and management.
Recent history has shown that the dynamics and manageability of networks are major value to maintain connectivity and service quality under extreme external conditions like the pandemics or in a situation of war. All-level programmability also opens new challenges to make the complex task of networking resilient.
NOMS 2023 is becoming a reality thanks to the involvement of all those in the network and service management community who share their passion for the field and who spend time to its development :participants, sponsors, authors, PhD and Master students, engineers working in the field, TPC co-chairs and members, Workshop, tutorial, session organizers and many more. As General Co-Chairs, we are extremely proud and happy to help the field grow !
Currently available CFPs: