IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2023 will feature several panel discussions. Panels provide an interactive forum that allows renowned experts to engage with the audience to discuss leading-edge topics of interest to the NOMS community. These topics relate in particular to the management of communications networks and services, including Network, Service, Cyber, and System Management, the use of Artificial Intelligence Techniques, software-defined infrastructure, Internet of Things, infrastructure and service convergence, and many more.
Accordingly, NOMS 2023 solicits proposals for panels that are related to the conference's theme and that are of general interest to the NOMS technical community. Panels are expected to have a duration of 90 minutes and should feature diverse perspectives and challenging viewpoints. Please refer to the Call for Paper for a list of some of the specific areas of interest.
A panel proposal should have the following structure:
- Proposed title
- Abstract (brief description of the topic)
- Why the panel will be of interest to the audience
- Short bio of the panel moderator, including any experience with prior panels
- Proposals for potential panelists with bios, offering a diverse range of perspectives (geography, academia/vendors/operators, etc)
- Short description of the planned panel structure, including plans for how to engage the audience
We strongly encourage a panel format that keeps opening statements very short and that leaves sufficient room for lively discussions with the audience, as opposed to a succession of technical monologues. If needed, the Organizing Committee and Panel Co-Chairs can assist with the identification of additional panel members.
Proposals should be submitted via e-mail to the Panel Program Co-Chairs, email@example.com subject line "NOMS 2023 Panel Submission". The lineup of panels will be selected after careful evaluation from all the proposals that are received.
- Paper Submission Deadline: November 12, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: December 16, 2022
- Final Camera Ready: May 9-11, 2023
Panel Program Co-chairs
- Rolf Stadler, KTH, Sweden. (stadler AT kth DOT se)
- Alexander Clemm, Futurewei, USA. (ludwig AT clemm DOT org)